Take Years off Your Skin with Just One Treatment
Laser revitalization treatments reduce signs of aging, including wrinkles around your eyes and mouth. Just one laser treatment can diminish the deepest lines — without surgery, with minimal downtime, and with long-lasting results.
Laser revitalization for:
- wrinkles around the eyes (periorbital wrinkles) and crow’s feet
- wrinkles around the mouth (perioral wrinkles) / smokers lines
- frown lines
- lipstick lines
- facial wrinkles
You can also treat other areas of the body, such as hands, arms, and décolletage improving the quality of the skin while evening skin tone.
How a Picosure Revitalisation works.
Collagen and elastin make up the support structure in our skin. As we age, that support structure weakens, forming wrinkles. Laser revitalization treatment uses powerful laser technology to refresh the skin by stimulating collagen and elastin production. It works fast to minimize wrinkles and improve the appearance of the skin on various areas of your body, such as your neck, cheeks, hands, arms, smooth away smokers’ lines around your mouth, and reduce crow’s feet around your eyes.
Does it have the same downtime as surgery?
Unlike surgical face-lifts that require long recovery times, laser treatment is an alternative with less downtime, allowing you to recover in a few days with minimal discomfort or side effects.
How does the Picosure laser work?
Pulses of laser light reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the aging support structure. Then the body’s natural healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and rebuilds it with fresh, new collagen and elastin—the crucial building blocks of smooth, youthful skin.
Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
If you have fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, on any area of your body including face, hands, and arms you may be a good candidate for a laser rejuvenation treatment.
How long does it take?
The treatment times vary slightly but most only take between 20 and 30 minutes.
Does it hurt?
The treatment has been described as uncomfortable at worst but not painful.
How many treatments will I need?
This is highly dependent on the individual – sometimes one single treatment can be sufficient other times it may take a few.
How quickly will I recover?
This is one of the true benefits of the Picosure laser, down time is minimal, you may experience a little redness which may last as little as half an hour or up to two hours if your skin is sensitive. Gone are the days when you had to hide for weeks at home with a sore oozing face!
Are there any side effects?
We have extensive health and treatment guidelines which we follow to ensure we only treat those people who are suitable candidates and who will benefit from the procedure – we aim to give the highest standard of care and satisfaction to our clients.
SKIN REVITALISATION BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
Please note to assist maximising the results of your treatment, ensure you follow the following guidelines:
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser and can increase the chance of post treatment complications.
- Shaving It is fine to shave the area you are having treatment on but it needs to be within a 3 hour window prior to treatment commencement. This minimises the risk of infection. Please note if you wish not to shave the area the hair may go white, however it will return to your natural colour.
- Retin A creams Stop taking Vitamin A or using Vitamin A creams including Retin A for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
To help maximise the outcome of your treatment, please ensure you follow the instructions and precautions below:
- Icing post treatment will be carried out directly after treatment at the clinic.
- Showering and/or washing face with warm water ONLY for the first 48 hours after treatment.
- Applying all natural moisturiser to area for the first 48 hours after treatment. We recommend Olive by Langlois Australia, Everyday Skin Solution or Natural Day Cream (these creams are made from olive extract and enriched with high levels of Calendula, Sea Buckthorn and Kakadu Plum extract which are all known for their wealth of vitamins and anti-oxidants to combat the effects of all forms of skin damage and aging).
- Ensure to apply 30+ moisturiser over the natural cream any time you may be exposed to UV for the next 4 weeks.
- Make up and normal washing routine may commence after 48 hours.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS FACIAL REVITALISATION
- Slight redness to at the treated area – this should subside within the first 2 – 3 hours, this can be soothed using a cold compress (do not apply directly to the skin) or a damp cool cloth. If you are concerned please call our offices on 0402 698 863 (Mandy) or 0428 265 086 (Dani).