No need to keep covering up your acne scars – your skin can look healthy and clear in a few easy treatments.
Using laser light treatment for acne scars or any other scarring is faster and safer than the alternative treatments such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
You can get rid of your acne scars in just a few short treatments. Each session only takes a few minutes and with little or no down time, you can resume your busy life straight away – no waiting around for peeling or healing!
PicoSure laser treatments reduce the appearance of dark spots, pitting, poc marks and scars on face and body.
PicoSure laser treatments are the only way to go if you want to accomplish:
- Visible results after just one treatment
- Simple procedure with minimal discomfort
- Quick, non-invasive treatment sessions
- Excellent treatment outcomes
It only takes a few sessions before your skin is looking remarkably and clearer with scars reduced, pores reduced and pigments lighter, if not completely gone!
Many of our clients use laser acne scarring treatments on their face, neck, chest and back.
Each treatment can vary but will usually take between 5 – 20 minutes, depending on the size of the area. There may be a little discomfort during the procedure but most people describe it as uncomfortable but not painful.
How many treatments will I need?
This will depend completely on your skin, the area that is being treated, how extreme the scarring is, etc. We usually recommend a minimum of 3 treatments.
How quickly will I recover?
Most people resume regular activities immediately following the treatment session (there may be a small amount of redness but this usually passes in an hour).
Before and After Care
Please note to assist maximising the results of your treatment, ensure you follow the following guidelines:
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream
- Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser and can increase the chance of post treatment complications.
It is fine to shave the area you are having treatment on but it needs to be within a 3 hour window prior to treatment commencement. This minimises the risk of infection. Please note if you wish not to shave the area the hair may go white, however it will return to your natural colour.
- Retin A creams
Stop taking Vitamin A or using Vitamin A creams including Retin A for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- No Doctor prescribed acne treatments for up to 12 months prior to treatment (ie Accutane)
To help maximise the outcome of your treatment, please ensure you follow the instructions and precautions below:
- Icing post treatment will be carried out directly after treatment at the clinic.
- Showering and/or washing face with warm water ONLY for the first 48 hours after treatment.
- Applying all natural moisturiser to area for the first 48 hours after treatment. We recommend Olive by Langlois Australia, Everyday Skin Solution or Natural Day Cream (these creams are made from olive extract and enriched with high levels of Calendula, Sea Buckthorn and Kakadu Plum extract which are all known for their wealth of vitamins and anti-oxidants to combat the effects of all forms of skin damage and aging).
- Ensure to apply 30+ moisturiser over the natural cream any time you may be exposed to UV for the next 4 weeks.
- Make up and normal washing routine may commence after 48 hours.
Possible Side Effects
- Slight redness to at the treated area – this should subside within the first 2 – 3 hours, this can be soothed using a cold compress (do not apply directly to the skin) or a damp cool cloth. If you are concerned please call our offices on 0402 698 863 (Mandy) or 0428 265 086 (Dani).