First Impressions Laser Clinic strive to deliver superior results to our clients, whether it is to remove a tattoo completely or just lighten it to have artwork updated. We have invested in the latest and most effective tattoo removal laser on the market, the Picosure Laser and our staff have been trained by both national and international specialist in the laser field. The PicoSure laser is the first development in laser technology in 20 years and was originally designed for tattoo removal – read on to find out why it is twice as effective as any other tattoo removal laser.
**If you are researching tattoo removal ask your clinic what machine they are using and if it is not Picosure know that it will take twice as long to erase your tattoo and (depending on the operator and the machine), may cause trauma to the surrounding tissues.
Tattoo Removal with the PicoSure Laser
Picosecond vs. Nanosecond Technology
Traditional nanosecond lasers predominately rely on photothermal action, delivering heat to the pigment and surrounding tissue. PicoSure takes advantage of PressureWave Technology to shatter the target ink into tiny particles that are easily eliminated by the body.
Ultra-short Pulse Duration Is the Difference
- Picosecond pulse width is 100X shorter than nanosecond technology.
- Only ultra short pulse durations trigger photomechanical effect.
- With this short pulse width, half the fluence is required compared to Q-Switched nanosecond lasers.
Laser Response Comparison
How many sessions will it take to get rid of my tattoo?
Research and experience has shown that there are many different factors that impact successful tattoo removal, we therefore use the Kirby Scale which was developed for the older Q-Switched lasers. This scale takes most variables into consideration. Once our clients have completed the questions and have the suggested amount of treatments required for their tattoo to be removed on a Q-Switched laser WE THEN HALVE THIS NUMBER!
Why you may ask? We use only the PicoSure technology which is the first advancement in tattoo removal in 20 years!
Laser Tattoo Removal Pre Treatment Instructions
Please note to assist maximise the result of your treatment, ensure you follow the following guidelines:
- No sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless tanning cream – Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of post treatment complications.
- Shaving – It is fine to shave the area you are having laser tattoo removal done but it needs to be within a 3 hour window prior to treatment commencement. This minimises the risk of infection. Please note if you wish not to shave the area the hair may go white – if it does it will return to your natural colour.
Laser Tattoo Removal Post Treatment Instructions
To help maximise the outcome of your treatment, please insure you follow the instructions and precautions below:
- Icing post laser tattoo removal needs to be done for 10 minutes directly following treatment and then 10-20 minutes every hour for 6 – 8 hours (or when heat returns to the area or until heat subsides).
- Showering after laser tattoo removal is fine but avoid prolonged hot water on the area and if within the 8 hour period ice the area afterward.
- Applying moisturiser or topical creams to area where laser tattoo removal was performed is great once the heat has left the treated area, we recommend Olive by Langlois Australia ‘Every Skin Cream Ointment’, this cream contains vital vitamins, minerals and natural elements that promote skin health and repair, is currently being used in Trauma centres throughout Australia (rr $27).
Things To Do/Not To Do to ensure treatment success
- No Swimming/hot tubs/spas or whirlpools.
- Avoid sun exposure (ensure you apply 45+ for four weeks following treatment).
- Exercise: Avoid exercise directly after tattoo removal:
Small area – avoid for 24 hours
Large area – avoid for 72 hours
Avoid contact sport for 2/3 days to avoid bruising area
- Returning to work: It is fine to return to work directly after laser tattoo removal if your job does not entail manual labour so long as you are able to get access to icepacks to continue the aforementioned icing schedule.
- Large leg/arm tattoo removal: If possible it is optimal that you elevate the area that has been treated.
Possible Side Effects of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Itchy: the site may become itchy, do not rub or scratch the treated area. Treat with antihistamine, Olive by Langlois Australia ‘Every Skin Cream Ointment’, topical hydro quartizone or if required seek medical advice.
- Pain: Discomfort may be relieved with icepacks or paracetamol.
Pricing – As our team about the 50% OFF SALE on now!
Pricing starts from $100.00 per session.
4 cm square – $200 per session
5 cm x 7 cm – $400 per session
8 cm x 10 cm – $650 per session